Than Four Combined Decades
Tropical Storm Damage Claims
California residents are no strangers to powerful storms that can cause immense property damage in a very short period when they strike. Though tropical storms themselves rarely make landfall in the state, their remnants often bring flooding rains and damaging winds that leave significant tropical storm damage in their wake as they move north and east from Hawaii.
Let’s take a look at how the weather can affect your home, and your legal rights to compensation.
Dealing with Tropical Storm Damage in California: Your Legal Rights
If your home or business has suffered damage from winds, rain, flooding, landslides, or another storm-related cause, you may be entitled to compensation from your insurance provider under certain conditions. However, many insurers are quick to deny claims or provide less money than policyholders need to recover completely from losses. An experienced insurance attorney can fully protect your rights under the policy terms and help you maximize your tropical storm damage claim.
Do You Need a Lawyer to Handle Your Insurance Claim?
In the chaotic aftermath of a major storm, filing an accurate and timely insurance claim is often easier said than done for most people. Complex policies and strict deadlines lead many policyholders to accidentally accept lowball settlements or become wrongfully denied the proper compensation. An insurance lawyer understands these policies inside and out from their professional legal experience. They can complete paperwork properly, negotiate aggressively with insurers, and also take legal action if necessary on your behalf – allowing you to focus your time and energy on recovery.
Attorneys also work on a contingency fee payment basis – so they don’t get paid any legal fees unless you receive fair compensation directly in the end. There are typically no upfront costs or retainers required for enlisting helpful legal assistance in pursuing a tropical storm damage claim properly in California.
Maximizing Your Tropical Storm Insurance Payout
The key to ultimately getting fully and properly compensated for storm damage is demonstrating your entire losses and completing repair/replacement costs accurately and very promptly. However, bureaucratic insurance companies often stand firmly between policyholders and fair claim payouts through tactics like:
- Lowballing – Offering much less than actual losses suffered
- Denying necessary repairs that actually should reasonably be covered under the policy terms
- Intentionally delaying claim investigations and full payments unnecessarily
A qualified insurance lawyer can strongly fight against all these bad faith practices by smart legal methods such as:
- Retaining appropriate construction experts who can evaluate damage accurately and estimate complete repair costs correctly
- Handling all complex claim paperwork properly on your behalf – letters, emails, appraisal demands sent to insurers, etc.
- Negotiating very aggressively with insurers at all times to rightfully demand maximum compensation legally owed
- Taking swift legal action in California civil court later if ultimately needed to fully resolve unjust claim disputes
Types of Tropical Storm Damage Claims
In California, the most common tropical storm perils typically covered by home and/or business insurance policies can include reasonable:
- Wind Damage: Shingles and roofing torn off, broken windows/doors, structural damage.
- Water Damage: Flooding, storm surges, plumbing/sewer backups.
- Fires: Ignited by downed power lines and lightning strikes hitting structures.
- Landslide Damage: Mudslides directly damage structures and bury roadways/land.
- Personal Property Damage: Belongings damaged inside the insured property.
- Any Business Interruption: Lost income plus extra expenses while closed temporarily.
- Automotive Damage: Cars were damaged by flying debris and major floodwaters later.
If your property has rightfully suffered any combination of these types of damage, a truly seasoned California insurance lawyer can help fully document all covered losses in detail and aggressively demand all applicable compensation provisions owed are triggered for payment per the insurance policy terms.
The Sooner You Act, the Better
Insurance policies understandably impose strict deadlines sometimes legally for reporting any eligible claims promptly and submitting formal proof of loss paperwork properly – typically just mere days or a few weeks after the actual disaster incident itself initially occurs when covered damage begins. Meeting these very tight turnarounds is essential to getting your losses covered by your insurer.
An experienced insurance attorney has handled the complicated California tropical storm claims process correctly many, many times before over their long legal career. They certainly have the proven knowledge and resources to be able to quickly gather important weather data evidence and sufficient damage documentation all necessary to submit your valid claim accurately and on time properly per the policy terms. This greatly reduces the likelihood of having your own full rightful disaster compensation later wrongfully denied unjustly on a mere technicality or a single missed administrative legal deadline going forward.
Partner With a Fully Trusted California Storm Damage Attorney
Please contact us at The Morgan Law Group anytime for a free initial case evaluation consultation if your home or local business has suffered any significant damage losses recently from high winds, serious flooding, or other wrongful tropical storm disaster incidents. Our experienced lawyers will be more than happy to fully explain all your reasonable coverage rights legally provided for under California state laws and then fight tenaciously on your behalf later to ultimately help you financially and correctly recover to pre-storm norms.