Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular in Louisiana, but unfortunately, accidents involving rideshare vehicles are not uncommon. If you have been involved in a rideshare accident in Louisiana, you may be wondering what to do next and what your rights are. In this FAQ section, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about Louisiana rideshare accidents.
If you are involved in a rideshare accident in Louisiana, there are several steps you should take:
- Check for injuries: If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Get contact information: Get the name, contact information, and insurance details of all drivers involved in the accident, as well as contact information for any witnesses.
- Take pictures: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles involved.
- Report the accident: Report the accident to the rideshare company as soon as possible.
If you are involved in a rideshare accident in Louisiana, you may be able to claim the following damages:
- Medical expenses: This includes hospital bills, doctor’s fees, and other medical expenses related to the accident.
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to claim lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: This includes physical pain and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Property damage: You can claim compensation for the damage to your vehicle or any other property damaged in the accident.
Yes, if you are a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, you may be able to file a claim with the rideshare company’s insurance. Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft are required to carry liability insurance to cover accidents that occur while their drivers are on the clock.
If you are involved in a rideshare accident in Louisiana, it is important to speak with a rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Rideshare accidents can be complicated, and it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side.
If the rideshare driver is at fault for the accident, you may also be able to file a claim with the driver’s personal insurance. A rideshare accident lawyer can help you determine the best course of action.